Install Video shown with a Remington UML, but same process for Encores.
-100% seal every time between breech plug and module–Guaranteed!
-Primer modules uses large rifle magnum primers
-Modules are reusable (easily deprimed and reprimed)
-Life expectancy of 30+ shots for primer modules
-Rated to handle BH209
-Flame channel is completely enclosed in the module, so plug self-cleans after every shot!
-Breech Plug made from heat treated 416 SS
-Removable with 1/2″ THIN WALL socket
-Utilizes Tungsten Carbide bushing with 0.035″ hole
-Shortest flame path on the market
-Lifetime guarantee on the breech plug when using BH209. If you wear it out, we’ll replace it. (Guarantee does not cover corrosion from neglect.)
-PLEASE NOTE FOLLOWING
- THIS PLUG DOES NOT CHANGE A 700 UML INTO A SMOKELESS RATED FIREARM. WHILE THE ASG GEN2 SYSTEM IS FULLY RATED FOR SMOKELESS PRESSURES, THE FACTORY 700UML BARREL IS A LIGHT WEIGHT CONTOUR AND ONLY RATED FOR BLACK POWDER OR BLACK POWDER SUBSTITUTES!
- This plug is NOT a drop in fit. Unfortunately the heads spaces varies by too much on UML muzzleloaders.
- If you do not have access to a lathe, we offer a couple of installation options.
- 700 UML: Generally plug can easily be removed with a 5/16″ socket. In an effort to expedite process, two plugs are sent labeled A& B. The A plughas been modified to the length typically required, and has a good chance of fitting your barrel without any medication. However, if your barrel is an outlier (and there are plenty of those), the an unmodified plug (B plug) is included as well.
- You determine largest gauge that fits and return to us with provided prepaid postage label. We make adjustment to breech plug if needed and return to you ready to go. We make the adjustment within a day or two of receiving plug, so it’s a fairly quick process. If you’re worried about picking the right gauge, don’t be! We’ve done 100’s of plug this way with almost no issue, and if somehow a plug isn’t done right, we will take care of it!
- A common question is: will this make my 700 Encore shoot better. Unfortunately, there isn’t a cut and dried answer to this question. This plug will absolutely give your Encore the best chance of shooting accurately. And if you’ve got a gas cut breechplug that’s leaking badly, then there’s a high probability that this plug will help your gun. It will also give more positive ignition and lower ES’s than the factory plug. However, if your gun has very marginal accuracy to start with, you may not see much in the way of gains. Identifying a bullet/sabot that gives decent accuracy before investing more $$ into a the gun may be a good idea. We do offer sample bullet and sabot packs if you would like to try some different combos. One recommended load that has shot well in guns is the 300 X-Series (ASG279) and either Harvester Red Crush Rib Sabot (ASG063) or Harvester Short Black Sabot (ASG065).